A K-3 visa is Another Marriage Based Immigration Option for Non-US Citizen Spouses Living Overseas

Posted by Camilo Espinosa on August 6, 2013

Every year hundreds of visas are issued to a spouse of an America Citizen so that he/she can move to the U.S. to be with their loved ones.  One of the visas available for Non-US citizens spouses living overseas is the K-3 visa.  The K-3 is a nonimmigrant visa for the foreign-citizen spouse of a United States citizen.  The K-3 visa option was formed due to the Legal Immigrant and Family Equity Act that was signed into law on December 21st, 2000.  Basically, the K-3 visa (among others) was created to allow reunification of families of US citizens by allowing the non-US citizen spouse (and children) to enter the U.S. with a legal immigration status.  Please note that there are other options available for Non-US citizen spouses living overseas such as direct counseling filing and the IR1/CR1 Categories.

The K-3 visa category is intended to shorten the physical separation between the foreign-citizen and their U.S. citizens spouses while their I-130 petition is pending.  Note that the K-3 visa recipients (after they obtained the K-3 visas) will need to apply for adjust status to become permanent residents.  You should understand that each visa option has its pros and cons, especially these K visas.  As a result, you should consult with an immigration attorney to analyze your specific situation.

LOIGICA, PA can help you get your K-3 nonimmigrant visa.  If you contact our Miami Immigration Attorneys today, we will assist you during all your immigration procedure, from the beginning until you obtain your K-3 nonimmigrant visa.  Contact us now to start the procedure and obtain your K-3 nonimmigrant visa now.

Topics: Immigration Law