Apply for an EB-3 Immigrant Visa

Posted by Camilo Espinosa on July 22, 2014

In order to apply for an EB-3 immigrant visa preference category you must fall into one of three categories: a skilled worker, a professional, or an “other worker.” Skilled workers are people whose job required a minimum of 2 years training or work experience, not of a temporary or seasonal nature. A Professional is someone whose job requires at least a U.S. bachelor degree or a foreign equivalent, and is a member of the profession. An “other worker” is someone who is performing unskilled labor requiring less than 2 years training or experience, not of a temporary or seasonal nature.

If you are going to apply for an EB-3 immigrant visa preference category, the first step in the process is to have your prospective employer apply for permission from the U.S. Department of Labor. They must complete the Department of Labor’s Form ETA-9089. Once you or your employer received notice of approval from the Department of Labor, you may then apply for a visa with USCIS by filing out Form I-140Petition or Alien Worker.”

As part of the application process, your prospective employer

must be able to demonstrate an ability to pay the offered wage as of your visa priority date. This can be done by having your employer attach an annual report, federal income tax return, or audited financial statement. Based on one of these documents, USCIS will be able to determine whether or not your employer will be able to pay your wage once you begin employment.

Please contact one of our attorneys from LOIGICA, P.A. to help you with your immigration petition. We will assist you during all your immigration procedure, from the beginning until you obtain your immigrant and or non-immigrant visa. We look forward to helping you.

Topics: EB3, Immigration, Immigration Law