This year each candidate must register with USCIS H1B lottery registration tool. Unlike past seasons where petitions needed to be filed between April 1st and April 5th, this year employers must register their candidates from March 1st to March 20th to participate in the FY2021 H1B lottery. Those selected will have 90 days to file their petitions.
Each candidate registration will require a $10 fee payable online to the US government. Required for the H1B Registration Tool is the following:
- Legal name of the prospective petitioning company or organization
- The Doing Business As names of the Employer company, if applicable
- Employer identification number (EIN) of the prospective petitioning company
- Primary U.S. office address of the prospective petitioning company or organization
- Legal name, title, and contact information (daytime phone number and email address) of the authorized signatory
- Beneficiary’s legal name
- Beneficiary’s gender
- Does the beneficiary have a master’s or higher degree from a U.S. institution of higher education such that the beneficiary is eligible for the advanced degree exemption under INA 214(g)(5)(C) and requesting consideration under the advanced degree exemption?
- Beneficiary’s date of birth
- Beneficiary’s country of birth
Beneficiary’s country of citizenship
- Beneficiary’s passport number
For assistance at any stage of pursuing an H-1B petition, our immigration attorneys at LOIGICA® are here to help. Based in Miami, FL, we work with clients across the country. We offer representation in all types of visa applications, including H-1Bs, extraordinary ability exemptions, and permanent labor certifications. Call (786) 292-9704 or request a consultation below.