Should I renew my Green Card or apply for citizenship?

Posted by Camilo Espinosa on March 19, 2014

The majority of Green Cards contain are valid for ten years. However, a conditional Green Card is valid only for two years.

It is important to keep your Permanent Resident Card up-to-date. When the expiration date on your green card is six months away, you can either renew your Green Card or apply for U.S. citizenship so long as you meet all of the requirements to become a U.S. citizen. The time period you have to wait before applying for U.S. citizenship ranges between three to five years.

If you are eligible to apply for U.S. citizenship, you can submit the U.S. citizenship application instead of renewing your Green Card.

Please contact one of our attorneys from LOIGICA, P.A. to help you with your green card extension or naturalization. We will assist you during all your immigration procedure, from the beginning until you obtain your green

card or become naturalized. We look forward to helping you.

Topics: Immigration Law